She was my first voice-crush.... I listened to her on vinyl over and over again, and I fell in love with her voice as a young boy. Part singing, part hypnosis, her beautiful accent and punctuation/smooth alternations did me in.
Oh James, that little mind-journey to Rio was well needed. I think it's time to press replay and fill up my iced beverage. I hope you are managing well in this sweltering heat?
One of the best tracks ever. I like Y-W-P have listened to this again and again, from a lad to today, and I still love it. Stan was so sweet on that horn. Have you listened to his last recording with Kenny Barron (called People Time)? ...Pure heaven. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdiXmO-tO_o
OMG I LOVE you! This is ALWAYS my part-piece (mostly after several prosecco!!) I sang this in a University concert in 1988 .... in Portugese.... When I was much, much, younger.... sigh...
James, you've won the book Love London! Please email your address to jollyoldengland@gmail.com so I can have the publisher mail you a copy. Congratulations! - Erin @'Cross the Pond
oh my how delightful.......when I first went to my ex-husband's apartment he had this primed to play and flicked the switch as we walked in......remind me why I left him again???
She was my first voice-crush.... I listened to her on vinyl over and over again, and I fell in love with her voice as a young boy. Part singing, part hypnosis, her beautiful accent and punctuation/smooth alternations did me in.
ReplyDeleteIsn't this such a wonderful - and atmospheric - song, I love it :)
ReplyDeleteAnd I never knew what she looked like, nothing like I imagined actually!
Thank you for sharing James....hope all is well with you and the Rat Pack :)
What a classic! Thanks!
ReplyDeleteAaaah - LOVE this. Thank you! xoxo
ReplyDeleteLove that song, but isn't it amazing to hear all that rhythm and not move with it?
ReplyDeleteLove this track, we listen to it a lot here. Just came over to find you on the hearty recommendation of Tish Jett - pleased to have found you!
ReplyDeleteJames I love this music! Of course I would be thrilled to be in Rio listening to it!
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to be remiss in visiting!
xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena
lovely :-)
ReplyDeleteOh James, that little mind-journey to Rio was well needed. I think it's time to press replay and fill up my iced beverage. I hope you are managing well in this sweltering heat?
ReplyDeleteCheers x Deb
Wonderful song!
ReplyDeleteaffordable medical insurance
Great music... love that. Feel like I could relax with a drink in my hand in the sun...( and it's raining here too and cold :( !! ) XX
ReplyDeleteOne of the best tracks ever. I like Y-W-P have listened to this again and again, from a lad to today, and I still love it. Stan was so sweet on that horn. Have you listened to his last recording with Kenny Barron (called People Time)? ...Pure heaven. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdiXmO-tO_o
ReplyDeleteJames sorry to be so remiss. I do adore this song though!! Brings back many memories.
ReplyDeletexoxo
Karena
Art by Karena
I love this song, especially sung by these two guys - Jazz 'round midnight is one of my favourite albums.
ReplyDeleteperfect. spot-on, sir.
ReplyDeleteOMG I LOVE you! This is ALWAYS my part-piece (mostly after several prosecco!!) I sang this in a University concert in 1988 .... in Portugese.... When I was much, much, younger.... sigh...
ReplyDeletehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5QfXjsoNe4
xx
James, you've won the book Love London! Please email your address to jollyoldengland@gmail.com so I can have the publisher mail you a copy. Congratulations! - Erin @'Cross the Pond
ReplyDeleteoh my how delightful.......when I first went to my ex-husband's apartment he had this primed to play and flicked the switch as we walked in......remind me why I left him again???
ReplyDeletePosts here are getting very rare....miss your voice if reason
ReplyDelete