
OK lets see is this news? Does this deserve any attention? She made a mistake for Pete's sake. She displayed quick thinking and amazing professionalism to get through it.I felt her sincere love of country and excitement for the event come across. Get off her back. The bigger issue with her ilk is the bad role model they are for young women. The bigger outrage is the number of girls who will be forced into the sex trade in this country alone. Media, get real.
PS: Old School,this is about Christina Aguilera singing the National Anthem at the Super Bowl.

You got that right, James.
ReplyDeleteBoring half time show though. Did I miss something? Or just getting old?
Quite.
ReplyDeleteVery well said James! My sentiments exactly!!
ReplyDeleteOh James,
ReplyDeleteYou are so right.....I was watching it live last night and felt really sorry for her. She sang A Capella ( a very difficult thing to do ) and moved many to tears.....many of the players were crying, ao, I think that we can say, a job well done.
.....and, many, many thanks for your lovely comment and birthday wishes. I'm still celebrating !!!! Much love James. XXXX
I agree, honest mistake. Maybe some yearn for the Janet Jackson and Justin Timberlake's peep show, I mean mistake, to have something to discuss. The travesty was the half-time show. No wonder slash only did a pop up appearance, HA!
ReplyDeletehear, hear.
ReplyDeleteAgreed on all fronts. Just one more reason I enjoy reading you....
ReplyDeleteI agree. That is in part why I chose that quote for my post on my blog today. I wonder what the people who have nothing to do but criticize others are doing with their time?? They don't realize how much it tells us about THEM when they consistently say catty things about other women. Have a great day!! xoxo
ReplyDeleteYep, it's amazing how the entertainment at the Super Bowl made the top headlines over Egypt this morning. What a sad statement.
ReplyDeleteNicely said James. I agree on all fronts.
ReplyDeleteFor those of us who are fortunate enough not to recognize this woman, could you please identify her?
ReplyDeleteI completely agree.So she got it wrong - I know I couldn't get up there and sing it in front of 300 million people! Leave her alone.
ReplyDeleteAMEN! It's not like she pulled a Roseanne Barr or anything and was disrespectful, she stumbled a bit and got back on track. Well said James!
ReplyDeleteI agree
ReplyDeleteThanks for saying it
Janice
ps The team that lost made a mistake also LOL
Why do the media always have to make a big deal about someone who makes a genuine mistake? Well said James. x
ReplyDeleteI disagree on a number of fronts. First, I find it sad that a professional singer can forget the lines to a rather short song. She is, after all, raking in millions for singing in front of huge audiences. It's not as if she had stage fright that day.
ReplyDeleteSecond I find it even sadder that the citizen of a any country can't sing his/her own national anthem to the end without making mistakes.
Finally, what happened to the time when the national anthem was not belted out, vibrato and all, as if the singer was having major bowel pain.
On the other hand, I do agree, it's not worthy of being front page news and James, you are right, what's the big deal?
Standing up cheering!!
ReplyDeleteAgreed! It wasn't even a huge mistake either. At least she wasn't lip syncing like so many of her generation do.
ReplyDeleteGood morning James! Thank you for visiting my puffy, fluffy blog post! You should meet my husband one day. He hasn't posted in a while due to using up his sabbatical to paint our new addition, but he is quite the opinionated writer. DO visit him when you can at Heavenly Minded Earthly Good. THANKS FOR THE VISIT! Anita
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for the well wishing and how kind of you to think of me. I hope you and yours have a lovely St. Valentines Day.
ReplyDeleteI haven't any clue what your post is about, thankfully, but I am sure it is some 'up in arms' modern media issue concerning celebrity.
Thank goodness that at least here in 1957 our news is about actual events and not what Doris Day did wrong. And quite frankly, what could she have done wrong? The darling.
It seems to me both the 'stars' (used very loosely for the 21st century) and the political realm is a bit more, how shall I put this...considerate and rather grown up here in 1957.
If ever I think of returning full time to the 21st century all it takes is for someone to mention any modern 'news' and I grab my apron, head for the kitchen or sink my nose into a good book.
Again, I wish you much happiness on your St.Valentines day.
Indeed. But that is the media machine, like it or not.
ReplyDeletexoxo
SC
Well good morning, James! Ahhh...how nice of you to stop by on your youngest's Vespa...we can still hop on the back of a moving vehicle, can't we...being in our 50s and such! LET THIS SPRING BE A NEW BEGINNING of love and joy; enjoy those grandsons of yours. I have 50 students this year, all 10 year olds and WOW do they keep me young!
ReplyDeletePeace and love to you today, Anita
She has a most beautiful voice.
ReplyDeleteI feel the same as you James regarding Role Models, both men and women superstars!
xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena
I am happy to report that I completely missed that. Looks like it didn't make the headlines over here, which is a good sign, no?
ReplyDeleteI feel sorry for Christina. She seems to be such a lost soul.