My photo
mid west, United States
A retired Government paper pusher trying to make sense of something

Sunday, November 22, 2009

The $10.000.00 Man















This is Ethan. He is the son of my oldest and her husband Joe. Great name Joe and he is a great guy. When my daughter was 14 she lost an ovary and part of the other to large cyst. She was told she had two chances for children, slim and none. Fast forward ten years and its up to maybe. So a couple of expensive procedures later ( hence the title) Hereeeeees Ethan! On the fashion front he's wearing a gingham shirt, fisherman sweater,and tan cords by Baby Gap. Shoes are leather and suede by Strideright. Take a bow Ethan. On the TV its Elmo, so the stare. You always assume that you'll be there for your children until they're adults, and beyond trust me! But grandkids, you know the odds are against it. So you hope you did a good job with your own and they'll pass it on. Take what time you have and instill a little in the wee ones. Its that time to be thankful. Near the top of my list are my guys. They are the brightest lights in my small universe.

5 comments:

  1. I think that you have so much to be thankful for, and so does your daughter. What a wonderful story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a handsome little man! It looks like he has inherited some of Grandpa's style.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful, you can't beat an against-the-odds story on a gloomy Monday morning - he's gorgeous and love your words on being a grandparent!
    E

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your family is stunning and the boys delicious. How lucky you are. It is so enchanting to hear a grandfather speak.

    Thank you for saying I'm a "fascinating woman" -- it's nice to believe someone thinks that's the case.

    Soooo, now I have a proposition for you. Seems only logical after your comment, n'est-ce pas? Would you consider doing a guest blog -- it can be a TOP 10 or however you would like to do it, on what women should buy their men for Christmas? It could simply be a list of books if you prefer, or clothes (or clothes not to ever, ever give a man of taste and elegance).

    Feel free to opt out, but I think my readers would love it and so would I.

    What do you think? (It won't change anything about our relationship. . .)

    Warmest regards,
    Tish

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, didn't get your e-mail -- even checked my spam. My address is:
    tishjett@yahoo.com. I hope I will be receiving good news from you.

    It's so curious living in France. You cannot imagine the number of English and American television series I have never heard in English. Inspector Morse is one of them. I agree about his Jaguar.

    Next week men answer the same question, so keep thinking and by all means, join in. Their answers are far more interesting than the women's. Men want things money can't buy. It's adorable really.

    Look forward to hearing from you.

    Best regards,
    Tish

    ReplyDelete